Sewing is so frustrating!. I'm currently making a beginner-rated project (a bag). I decided I wanted a bit of contrasting trim between the ruffle and the top, and I ended up spending probably 3 hours trying to get that to work (that includes the time spent fussing with the machine due to my own stupidity (sigh)
). :-/ I decided to give up on the trim - i just want this bag DONE. I don't understand a lot of the instructions, including those for the bottom, so I spent a bit of time fiddling with that. Here it is while I was trying to figure out the bottom (which is why it looks so lopsided, and the handles aren't attached yet either):
I'm using this machine:
A Singer Fashion Mate 237. This is a great old machine - all metal inside, smooth and pretty quiet. And I fixed the bobbin winder this afternoon, so it's darned-near perfect. :-D I'm surprised at how well it's sewing through all these layers!
Unfortunately I still haven't had a chance to play with my 'new' machine (the Rocketeer), though I did get the easy-to-get-to bits cleaned up. Next up, and the Rocketeer's first project, will either be the apron kit, or one of these tote kits I found at Hancock's last week (on clearance!):
It might have to be one of these bags - I need more practice before tackling the apron. Yeah, that's the ticket!
The spinning club did a Spin-the-Park yesterday in a different town; we had a great time and I did almost a third of this merino/yak from Corgi Hill Farm on the Polonaise:
This is *very* nice to spin, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it. :-D
Labels: sewing, spinning