Loomy Thoughts

Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday

Yep, I'm good at titles. :-)

No weaving tonight. I did try to put the Kromski on the unfinished loom stand DH built, but the Kromski is too big for the stand's current configuration (probably should've just bought the Kromski stand).

I was able to look closer at my beginning weaving books this weekend; I really like how Cookbook Weaving (by Amy Ansell) is laid out. For the rank beginner that can't take classes, this is the book. It tells you what yarn to use where, and even how long each step should take. It has nice large drawings, and seems to explain the projects pretty thoroughly. It's from the 70s, so many of the projects are dated, but I think most could be updated with just a tiny bit of creativity, and even if not, the projects would be good practice - and most of them are small. If I had to pick another book, the Ashford Book of Rigid Heddle Weaving, though not quite as 'spelled out' as Cookbook Weaving, is close and would be my second choice. I think Betty Davenport's Hands On Rigid Heddle Weaving will be for when I get a little bit of experience and know enough to start wanting to modify my projects.

Though I didn't take Deborah Chandler's Learning to Weave with me, I've looked at it many times. It is too oriented to multi-harness weaving for this rank beginner to get much out of it - yet. Eventually it will probably be more helpful.

That's all for weaving tonight. I have a non-crafty book due back to the library soon, so I'm off to finish it.

Good night!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home