Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, March 02, 2014

A long delayed update

It seems as though it was just last week that I made a post; time seems to be going faster and faster these days!

I've been concentrating mostly on wheel-spinning lately, trying to get some older projects finished.  I've been spinning on the Polonaise a lot lately, trying to get through that blue fluff. :-)  I finally had enough to ply this weekend, but still have a good chunk of it to spin. 


I'm plying on the Babe Production because she has huge bobbins - that's 8.1 ounces on one plying bobbin!
Still lots of fluff to spin though - apparently I bought more than I realized.

I finally got around to whipping up an oil bottle holder for the skinny oil bottles Kromski sends with their wheels:
Now maybe I won't keep misplacing my oil.

And I've been finishing off some spinning:
The upper left skein is a gradient single that's slightly overspun.  I'm debating running it back through the wheel to take a bit of the twist out.  Currently the plan is for it to become a Citron shawl.  The next one down is also a gradient, but I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet (nor the others - though the upper right art yarn may become a cowl).


It's been so gloomy here that I broke down and bought some bright fiber to spin!
Except for that dark one. :-)  Those are all from KnittyandColor on Etsy - she is a wonderful dyer!

I also got over 4 ounces of silk top to spin from a different dyer - that is a lot of silk.
It's as beautiful as the photo looks, and I did a test spin on one of my Woodland Woodworking spindles:
I might have to spin this silk on a wheel though - not sure I can get through 4 ounces of silk on spindles.  At least any faster than about 10 years!

I've finally gotten back to weaving on the Sky Scarf.  July is done, and I would have started on August but I was concentrating on spinning the blue fluff above.  Hopefully I will get around to working on it this week.

Oh I also crocheted a Bandito cowl:
It's a little stiff as I was using Bernan Denimstyle, I kept going up in hook size but really needed an even bigger hook.  I'll probably be wearing it tomorrow though as we've got wind chill warnings again!

That's about all I can think of now.  I'll definitely try to keep this up a bit more often!

2 Comments:

  • Yes, please do keep on your blog posts...this was a great read.

    You didn't mention who the dark braid was from...

    And that silk, OOOoooooo the colors. I drooled all over my keyboard. There is nothing like silk to make the colors really pop, is there?

    By Blogger kath1996, at 3/03/2014 8:43 AM  

  • Gah! You can't edit comments. :-/

    Anyway, the dark braid is also from KnittyandColor. :-)

    I do love dyed silk, but not how long it takes me to spin it! Maybe I should have you spin it up for me. :-D

    By Blogger CL, at 3/03/2014 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home