Loomy Thoughts

Friday, June 23, 2006

The answers to a few of my questions...

Just a short post tonight, as my brain is fuzzy from the workweek.

It's not a 'shot' or a 'throw', it's a 'pick' when you send the shuttle through.

Either winding two strands on one shuttle or one strand on two separate shuttles will work. Two strands/one shuttle has a disadvantage of possibly twisting the yarns while weaving. If that won't bother you, then there's nothing to worry about. One strand/two shuttles - you can run into that uncoordination thing I mentioned.

And I did manage to buy hardware for the stand, plus a couple of short pieces of oak to use to support this huge loom on the front as well, like the stand Kromski sells. Might not get very far on it this weekend, but at least I have the stuff now.

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow morning it's garden- and house-work, but then the rest of the day is for weaving (I hope!). :-D

Good night!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home