Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Well, that's not going to work...


I've got the Kromski on the stand for now, but it's not going to work. Dh designed the stand for much smaller and lighter looms, and I'm trying to use holes already in the loom instead of drilling new ones. I can't get the side screws tight enough to hold the loom in place, because it is too off-balance - either the front or the back has too much weight, depending on which set of holes I'm using. Also, it's way too low - I have to sit on a footstool to use it. Sorry for the fuzzy picture - I had to shoot fast to avoid the dog that kept wandering into the scene. :-)

Guess I'll spring for the Kromski stand (OUCH). (Of course, we could keep tinkering, but we'd probably end up spending more trying to make this stand work than I will for the Kromski stand.) At least the loom is off the kitchen table now - and this setup should work for now. Wonder if anyone has the Kromski stand cheaper....

I should be getting some weaving in soon, but I'm going to put a 'popcorn movie' on, so will wait until I finish off the popcorn and the movie. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home