Loomy Thoughts

Friday, July 21, 2006

Wow...

I get a lot more done if I don't watch TV while weaving! LOL I wove at least 8 inches on the Harp last night - probably closer to 10 inches - in less than 45 minutes last night. I had a nice rhythm going too, since I wasn't looking up from the loom much; things really clicked.

Once I finish this placemat, I'll see if I can 'unroll' the beams enough to have the entire mat unrolled for a picture. No pics this morning, but I should have some tomorrow.

I can't tell how much warp I have left, so I don't know how many more mats I'll get on this warp, but I probably should start thinking about the next project. I did buy some 8/2 cotton for towels, but I might want to do a smaller project next. I will have to look at my books again for ideas.

I'm also 'designing' a reader's wrap/scarf in my head, but I need to spin the yarn first. But should I use the Icelandic I'm currently spinning (a nice light brown, plus I have some already spun that is darker brown - one color warp and one color weft?), or should I spin the alpaca/silk/merino blend? It feels very soft while unspun, but it's white and I don't dye. Hmmm.... (One drawback - it takes me forever to get anything spun. Sigh.)

TGIF!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home