Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pictures!

I finally have some pictures. At the rate I'm going tonight, I'm not going to get any weaving done, so that will have to wait til tomorrow.



Here is the Harp with the spacer
for placemats #2 & #3 - you can just see the bump on the right side. I've got it rolled around the cloth beam already or I would've gotten a better picture (doh!).




This is the garter stitch shawl. I
did pick up a pair of Addis at the LYS today. I didn't really want to spend that much for a size I almost never use, but it will be worth the reduced aggravation. I'll probably work on this a bit tonight - at least get it on the Addis.





And here is the Baltic Sea Stole (pattern from FiberTrends). Cool, no? The tint isn't quite right, but it's pretty close. I'm using dental floss for lifelines, and what a lifesaver they are!! I think I'm on the 4th pattern repeat - have a ways to go. It is not pinned out, so it will be more lacey (or a scarf! LOL).

I need to go find some beads for a special project - I don't 'do' beading so this could be interesting! :-)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2006 8:01 PM  

  • beautiful!! but am curious- dental floss for lifelines??- am very new at knitting and wondered what are lifelines & why would you use dental floss. sounds intriguing but puzzling

    rj

    By Blogger rj, at 7/29/2006 1:43 PM  

  • Hi RJ!

    Thank you!

    Lifelines make it easy to frog back to a known 'good point', such as when you start a new row pattern repeat. On the stole pattern there are too many rows for each pattern repeat for just one lifeline, but I have my pattern marked where I insert the lifelines (3 seperate spots within the pattern repeat). I thread a yarn needle with dental floss and just run it underneath the stitchs on the needle (I use circs for everything). They are truly lifesavers if you are knitting lace! You need to use something thin and preferably slippery; dental floss works really well for this.

    If you find a mistake past your lifeline, just frog back to the lifeline, re-insert your needle, and start the section or repeat over again. This way you don't have to start the entire project over!

    By Blogger CL, at 7/29/2006 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home