Loomy Thoughts

Monday, July 10, 2006

Knitting Day

Yesterday turned out to be a knitting day, instead of weaving. Since I need to get the garter stitch shawl done for a friend and in a certain time frame, I figured I'd better work on that. I finally finished off the first skein - boy that sure seemed slow-going. I also picked up a different pair of knitting needles (Boye) today at Hobby Lobby, hoping these will be a bit slicker (and they are pointier than the Silvalumes). (I've never knit with Boyes before, so I don't know how well they will work.)

I also was able to figure out where I was on the Baltic Sea Stole pattern - the laceweight yarn is so small that I have a lot of trouble reading my knitting - and do a few rows on that as well. I hadn't worked on this project since early last fall some time, so it was good to work on it some more! This is my first 'big' lace project - previously all I had done in lace was the Branching Out scarf at Knitty.com.

www.knitty.com/issuespring05/PATTbranchingout.html



Since it's Monday, it's kind of a night off of crafty stuff, but I'm thinking about doing some more on the garter stitch shawl. The sooner I get it finished, the more time I'll have for WEAVING! :-D Perhaps I'll have pictures tomorrow as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home