Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wednesday already?

I had a day away from the computer yesterday. I did work on the garter stitch shawl a bit more Monday, and a bit yesterday when I had some spare time during the day - so far I'm not impressed with the Boye circs. For some reason Boye adds a 'sharp' bump to the cable just before you get to the needle - the darn yarn catches every single time. If it wasn't for that, I'd like these a lot. Perhaps I should hunt down some Aeros - I will probably have to order those on-line though, I don't remember ever seeing them here. I could just bite the bullet and get some Addis at the LYS. It's been a good test of circs so far though - I've used Clover bamboos (not slick enough), Denise (ditto), Silvalume (not pointy enough, and would like them to be a bit slicker), and now Boyes.

On the weaving front, I did get the spacer done last night - barely. My weaving mentor suggested using scrap yarn instead of cardboard, so I found some bulky cotton that will probably be scrap, and used that instead. (I will probably still use cardboard the next time though). Using a white yarn against the dark colors of the placemat really showed the lump where the tails were woven in - I think I will try to balance it a bit by starting from the opposite side for the next placemat. It felt like that entire placemat was 'crooked', but if I looked closely I couldn't tell.

I was going to post pictures yesterday, but my brain was too fried from the day. I should be able to get some pictures tonight though. On the schedule for tonight - weaving and knitting on the garter stitch shawl (I really want to get that shawl done! LOL).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home