Loomy Thoughts

Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow Day!!!

It didn't start snowing til 0300, and look at the accumulation! Quite unusual for here. Work actually closed down today due to the weather - a first in the 10 years I've been there. There hasn't been a snowplow by our place since before 0430, and we live on a main highway; there hasn't been any traffic at ALL on the road. The sun is starting to break through, but since we had up to an inch of ice on the road before the snow, I don't think anyone is going anywhere anytime soon. Sounds like DH just started up the tractor though - he's probably going to plow the drive again. Ain't country living grand? :-D

I believe I will take advantage of this 'spare time' windfall, and do weaving stuff today. I need to get going on the Hearthside loom project that I've been avoiding because I don't know what I'm doing; and I want to look over that floor loom some more, after some really nice people on the big Weaving group asked some interesting questions and offered excellent advice. I also need to hemstitch the wrap that is still on the Harp. Since I didn't do any crafty stuff all week, I need to make up for it. I think I'll brew another cup of tea, and start with the floor loom while DH is still here to help me unfold it. :-)
The snowdog - waiting for me to come out and play even though the door is snowed shut! LOL He can barely get out the doggy door - and only because he's been in and out almost constantly. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home