I didn't do much this week. I did a little bit of work on the Davis head today but wanted to watch my football team today so am back upstairs. I did pull the Davis base out, and wow is that going to be a lot of work.
The irons look a bit rusty, and the cabinet needs a lot of reconditioning (I do have the fourth drawer). But, like the head, everything seems to work ok. I'm planning to work on the irons/cabinet next weekend, if the weather holds.
I'm going to get back to spinning the yak blend I have on the Polonaise, because I really want to get working on this:
BL lamb/mohair yearling
A wonderfully-soft almost-black fiber that wants to spin quite fine which will be awesome to spin on the Pol. I picked this up at the annual spin-in yesterday from the same vendor that I bought the luscious (and yet unspun) black-ish mohair locks from last year.
I added a little bit of fiber to my stash at the spin-in, but not nearly as much as in years past as I have an incredible stash right now and hubby said something about 'hoarding', which took some of the fun out of the day. :-(
But I also picked up this nicely-soft gray raw alpaca from a new supplier:
It's pretty clean and I anticipate an easy spin.
This is a really nice merino that reminds me of the red colonial wool that I still have a ton of:
(And I only bought 4 ounces, so I may get this bump finished!)
"wool" and mohair blend
and some Cormo
to try. I'm told it's really nice to spin and makes a nice soft yarn, so I bought a little to play with.
While I was at Joann's last week looking for a particular book (which I didn't find *anywhere* in town), I picked up this book:
This is issued by the Vesterheim Museum. Though most of the projects are beyond my knitting capabilities, the vintage photos are wonderful and there are a couple of things I should be able to make.
I need to get back to sewing my apron, but right now cleaning the head is taking up all of my working room. I think I'm just about done with the cleaning though, depending on how thorough I want to be (I'm not sure I want to disassemble the bobbin winder or tension assembly), so hopefully I'll be able to get back to sewing pretty soon!
Labels: sewing, spinning