Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wow - guess it's been awhile....

I haven't had much to show though.  I sewed the second tote bag kit, which was interesting because it needed basic quilting, plus the instructions didn't have pockets.  I added pockets to make it my sewing tote, including one for my quilting ruler and a strap to hold my ironing mat.  The pockets are a big reason why it took so long - had to figure out what I wanted, how I wanted it, and where.  I like how it turned out; I left the handles long on purpose because tote straps are always too short IMO.  Here it is with the machine I sewed it on:

(Note to self: top-stitching and a hand-cranked machine isn't necessarily a good idea for me!)



And this is my new project:



It's a Davis VF2.  These are different than my usual vintage machines, in that they have a built-in walking foot.  I've actually had it for several years, but had been storing it for someone to pick up.  They decided they didn't want it after all so gave it to me.  It's in pretty rough shape, so the cleaning is going to take awhile.

I've done a tiny bit of spinning this week, on the Penguin, but will probably pick it up more this week. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home