Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Done enough...

One of my favorite phrases. :-D  The Davis head and cabinet and irons are cleaned up enough to use:
It looks good from a distance, but close-up it's pretty rough.  The cabinet was in worse condition than I realized, once I got all of the dirt off of it, but it is ok with a good cleaning/Restore-a-Finish/Howards Feed & Wax (I have all the drawer pulls, the other two are still soaking in cleaner).  Once reassembling everything it seems to work, though I don't have a needle in it at the moment so I don't know it will sew a stitch - but it should, as it appears everything is there.

My GF gave me her older sewing machine, too - a Singer 6106.  It's actually newer than my other machines (~1980-81), but it sews a nice stitch and is quiet-running.  It actually fulfills many of the requirements for a machine that I had been shopping for - the only thing it doesn't 'have' is being lightweight, but it's not quite as heavy as my older machines so I give it a half-point for that. :-D
I was going to sew a quickie cover for it today, but today didn't go as I had planned so no sewing. :-(  Maybe this week....


I also did some spinning on the Penguin (the merino/cashmere blend).  I had had to re-do the spindle because I broke it off a month ago.  Luckily it was easy to just shorten it, and I do like it better shorter.  Hopefully I will get more spinning in this week as well.

I need to get motivated to do more than watch TV during the week - I have no problem with sitting without having my hands busy, and often don't think of doing something while watching TV.  Maybe I need caffeine later in the day....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home