Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Happy New Year and St. Distaff's Day!

Since yesterday was St. Distaff's Day, I decided to leave working in the woodshop til today and actually spin. :-)

I spun on the Polonaise,

and I spun on the Babe,

and I spun on the ReinTwindle and the Nepalese spindle. :-D






This past week I also started knitting with handspun - my first handspun project!
It's going to be a mobius - though with this art-ish yarn I couldn't see the cast-on well enough to do a mobius cast-on, so I'm knitting it flat and then will seam it.  Unfortunately it looks like I'm a hair short of yarn to do a bind-off, but I have a white fuzzy yarn that I can ply with the silvery thread that hopefully won't stand out too much in the short bit that I need to fill in.  Hopefully I'll finish this tonight.

I'm also going to start a Sky Scarf as a sort of knitalong on Ravelry.  It's a cool idea - knit two rows a day in the color of your sky. :-)  Unfortunately I had a bit of a time finding yarn to do this with - this was the best I could do:
I'm not sure the top fuzzy yarn will work as it's bigger than the sock yarn, but there may be a way to get around it.  I might use it for snow, or maybe a blizzard if we get any this year.  I also have the sort-of 'hairy' yarn I can use for snow, and beads I can use for snow and rain. :-)  I'm also considering doing a night scarf, but haven't figured out the details yet.


And last but not least, the young boy after an exhausting morning of protecting me from the men who came to install new gutters yesterday morning:
Poor guy. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home