Loomy Thoughts

Monday, November 21, 2011

Ha!

I can still weave!
I'm a little clumsy with the shuttles after being away from it for so long, but it didn't take long to get back into the groove.

I also made another Baatara spindle (named after the Baatara Falls :-D) this weekend.  Here it is with the first version:
I used a different wood that wasn't so great for turning but has a beautiful grain.  It wobbles a bit so I may need to work on the point area a bit more, but I'm not sure the point is the problem.  But it spins just as nice as the first. :-)
The piece was a bit thicker so I could get larger whorls, but I thinned them quite a bit (perhaps too much for durability) to keep the spindle relatively light.  It does weigh 10 more grams than the original, but both of them had fiber on them when I weighed them so the weight is not quite accurate.


And for your weekly puppy pic:
As you can see, he's fitting in quite well. :-D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home