Loomy Thoughts

Monday, January 16, 2012

Knitting with handspun....

So I finally finished my first handspun project! 

This was fun, though I was a bit short on yarn so I took a bit of confetti roving that I had in my stash and quick-spun enough to bind off.  It's knit a bit loose due to having so little yarn, but I like it. :-)

Then I kinda went nuts and bought some fiber, but honestly, how can anyone pass this up?
BFL, "Marigold"
I started spinning it on the Reeves as soon as it arrived! :-D

That's a flash pic, so it looks a bit washed out.  It still has the same deep colors as the roving.  I bought this from Unwind Yarn Company .  I'm actually on the third quarter it - it's going really fast and is a lovely spin!

I also bought a silk brick from another Etsy shop that I will have to try to get a photo of when the sun comes again, but the colors are gorgeous!  My hands are really dry right now so it will be a bit before I start spinning that.


Your gratuitous puppy pic!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home