Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nope...

I didn't get to weave last night either. Have I mentioned that I detest shopping (unless it's for fibery things, and with one decent LYS and no spinning/weaving stores in town there's not much to choose from)? Shopping just plumb wears me out.

I did get a booklet called Cardboard Weaving (I think) from an eBayer yesterday, but didn't get too far in it yet. It's put out by the same folks who did Cookbook Weaving so I figured it was a safe bet. I'll review it when I get through it. I also have a book named "Weaving Primer" from the library to review - another older book that looks like a good general reference book to have on hand. IIRC, it is mostly for inkle / rigid heddle / two-harness weaving.

Weaving is on the agenda for tonight - don't want to skip too many days. I'm also considering undoing the scarf on the 11" loom, and replacing the warp with something else. I'm using Red Heart worsted acrylic for that warp, and I think that it might be the biggest problem in the thickness of the web. Sure wouldn't hurt me to practice warping, though I really hate to start over.

My stand should be here tomorrow - YIPPEE!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home