Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, July 23, 2006

No title comes to me at the moment...

I tried out the cardboard spacer, and though it is just a tiny bit narrow, it seems to be wide enough for this warp, especially once the web draws in. It is flexible enough to easily wrap around the cloth beam, and appears sturdy enough to beat against - at least as hard as one is going to beat on a rigid heddle loom. I wove 9" this afternoon, and would've done more but I think I overdid the hoeing this morning in the garden, and my shoulders are starting to complain a bit (plus I'm feeling a bit lazy today). I think I will get out the garter stitch shawl that I've managed to ignore all weekend and do some rows.


I also have, for your perusal, a picture of the popsicle stick shuttle after a tiny bit of sanding. I'm finding it quite handy for tucking tails in, even though it is rather flimsy. When I was cutting the notch I accidentally split it further down, but I usually have a finger or thumb on the spot so it's not a problem. And it could easily be glued too, though I have an entire package of these so I could make quite a few shuttles. Hmm... perhaps a popsicle-stick shuttle (doubled for strength) might be just the thing for the rug being tied - working with 8 yards of carpet warp on a needle is kind of messy and I seem to attract yarn tangles as much as I attract biting insects - and that's not good!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home