Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, July 22, 2006

We have a mat!

As promised, a picture of the third placemat. Cool, no? And it didn't take long to finish off the last 5 or 6 inches this morning either, as I was listening to the radio again instead of watching TV. I do wish I had used a different color of yarn for the front spacer, as it's kind of hard to see where the placemat starts.

I find I prefer to weave in the bedroom, so I can put my 'weaving stool' against the foot of the bed and lean back against the bed while I weave. I definitely need something with a back on it to sit on. I guess I will have to suck it up and check out some yard sales for orphan chairs. (I do not like going to yard sales. I like finding cool stuff for cheap, but that is rarely found at the yard sales around here - and there is almost never any crafty stuff.) The chair will be too tall, so the legs will have be shortened, but that's not a big deal. I still can't get over how low that loom stand is. I do have an office chair in the basement that might go low enough, but I'm not going to carry it up and down the stairs all the time, especially since I weave almost daily; so for now that stays in the basement craft room.

I made a mini-shuttle today out of a popsicle stick this morning. I was trying to tuck the ends in and just couldn't get them right with my short fingers, so I cut a notch in the end of the stick with a box cutter and voilĂ , a midget shuttle. Works pretty well though I do need to smooth the notch a bit, and perhaps shape the front sides.

For mat number 4 I'm using a spacer made from the flimsy cardboard that Pepsi puts in their cases of pop, in-between the top & bottom cans. It's just barely wide enough - and actually isn't wide enough up by the heddle blocks. It will be flimsy enough to easily bend around the beam, but will it be too flimsy to beat against? Tune in tomorrow! :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home