Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday morning

I've come to a decision on the project. Instead of doing a half-density warp with a 12-dent heddle, I'm going to do a full-density warp with the 10-dent heddle. My weaving friend, after seeing the yarn I'm using, brought up the very good point that mohair will fill in the extra space left by the half-density warp, whereas the yarn I'm using is barely fuzzy and rather fine, so I would end up with a rather 'airy' wrap. Which, the way the temps have been, actually might not be all that bad!

So now I need to redo my calculations again, which should take about 10 minutes; take the warp back off the loom carefully (and put it somewhere the dog won't tangle it up); and make more warp ends. Luckily I kept the warp guide string, so I'll have same-length warp-ends. I still need to mark the 10-dent heddle, so that will take a little bit of time as well. I should have the loom warped and ready to go around mid-afternoon though (fingers crossed). If things go really well I'll have pictures tonight. Stay tuned!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home