Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, August 10, 2006

SIGH...

I AM AN IDIOT.

I lack the ability to visualize things/projects I have little experience with, and it gets me in trouble all the time. It's a real disadvantage when you are learning crafts on your own.

I started dressing the loom tonight, and as I was going along, halfway through the first 'hank', I noticed that it wasn't going to go very far if it was supposed to be 20 inches wide. So I figured I must have really screwed up the calculations and decided to finish threading the warp I had already made, and then make more tomorrow.

Then I looked at the book. I was supposed to warp half-density - every other slot - not full density. DOH!! So now I need to figure out how to get the warp back off without messing it up too much. That's going to wait til tomorrow though - I'm too tired at this point to dare try.

I'm also supposed to have lunch with my weaving friend tomorrow, if she feels better, so I can pick her brain as well. I don't know how much difference it will make that I'm using cotton instead of mohair for the half-density thing. I will probably have to experiment to find out.

The good news is my car is back from the shop, and if the ace mechanic is right (fingers are crossed) I only needed an $80 thermostat instead of $1000 head. WHEW!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home