Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back at the ranch...

Whew! I'm back from my trip, where everyone oo'd and ah'd over the placemat I took along to show off. :-) I was considering trimming the fringe shorter, but I think I like it this long, so I'll trim them all to about this length for now. I still have two placemats to cut apart and knot, but I might start warping the new project tomorrow night anyway. ;-)

In discussing the new project with my weaving friend, she suggested I use the 12-dent heddle the pattern calls for instead of the 10-dent I had planned on using, as the cotton/acrylic won't full like the wool would. That is something I hadn't considered, as I've rarely used 100% wool in my knitting. So when I warp up the Harp I'll start with the 12-dent heddle. This means I need to redo my calculations as well, as I did them for a 10-dent. Hmm... might be Tuesday night before I get to warping....

We have another thunderstorm coming in, so I'll sign off for tonight. Hopefully I'll have something to write about tomorrow night!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home