Loomy Thoughts

Friday, October 20, 2006

Thursday is for spinning...

Wow, I'd forgotten how hard I was finding it to spin the alpaca. Makes me miss the almost-spins-itself Icelandic roving I'd been doing. I spent over an hour 'carding' some alpaca; the alpaca appears to have been wadded up and stuffed in the bag, and though I've had it 'airing out' loosely for a couple of weeks it definitely needs some work. Unfortunately I don't have any carders - something I hope to remedy tomorrow as I'm attending a spin-in that will have vendors :-D - so I've been using my flick carder. It doesn't seem to work all that great for this.

I'm hoping someone at the spin-in will also be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong with the alpaca - it either seems to be spun too tight, or it pulls right apart. I want the yarn to be soft, but I need it to hold together well enough to use it as warp, since I plan to use this for a Reader's Wrap.

Tonight, I'll probably be weaving on the Harp; maybe a bit of spinning. It depends on how much housework I get done. :-D I hope to post pictures on Sunday - maybe I will have made progress by then!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home