Loomy Thoughts

Monday, December 11, 2006

Thank goodness it's Monday!

I spent all weekend (mostly) working on the Hearthside project; wow is this time-consuming! I have about 18" done - I think I had 4" when I started. As I figure out the best way to do this it goes a bit faster, but I am waaaay behind schedule and may not get this finished when I need to (I forsee some late nights). I sure am paying for my crafty-laziness now! (As it turns out, I don't need the knitting project done as soon as I thought I did so that's on the backburner.)

I will post pics & details of this project (such as why it goes so slowly - there really is a good reason) either right before or right after Christmas. DH thinks it looks good - I still think it looks rather 'rustic', but DH is saying it looks kind of 'arty'. Hmm.... Maybe I'll make another one - someday. LOL After working with this loom more, though, I'm liking it better. At first I thought it was really hard to use, but I'm getting used to it now. Now if I could just learn how to wind a warp on without it getting messed up. :-(



My weaving friend is lending me a reed for the floor loom, and DH picked out the wood yesterday (he's going with walnut instead of cherry) to fix the broken beater bar arm. It has to warm up first before he shapes it, but he might have it ready tomorrow. The Hearthside project takes precedence though, so I probably won't get to the floor loom stuff until Christmas week.

Updates as I know them! :-D

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home