Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm still around...

trying to get the new computer up and running. This is taking longer than I expected! I'll be out of town for the holiday, but hopefully when I get back I'll be back to 'normal'.

Since I was somewhat computerless over the weekend, I did get some crafty stuff done. I worked on the knitted scarf a bit, and I worked on the woven scarf too (bet you thought I had forgotten about that, didn't you?! LOL). I also dived into the stash for cotton for the towel I want to try on the Harp - sure hope those colors go together!

Before the computer died, I was planning to buy another (smaller) RH loom. My small RHs were meant as children's toys, and the Harp is so much better-built and easier to use that I avoid working on the other looms (notice how long it's taking me to weave that scarf on the Mattel!). I was torn between the small Harp and the small Schacht Flip. If I do end up getting another, it will probably be the Harp as I'm told Ashford heddles will work with it so I'll be able to get a larger-dent heddle without making it myself. I also was seriously considering buying another Babe wheel, but the budget won't support it anymore. :-( Oh well, then I'd have two wheels sitting here collecting dust instead of one! LOL

I'm planning on taking both scarf projects with me on my trip, but no guarantees on if I'll get much done on them. :-D

Have a good holiday!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I didn't know the Ashford heddles work with the Harp. I bought the larger size heddle for the Harp but would love Ashford's blue heddle. I'll have to look into that, thanks for the tip,
    Li

    By Blogger Life's a Stitch, at 4/04/2007 8:53 PM  

  • Definitely ask your seller first, Li, as I haven't had a chance to confirm it yet. Once I do hear (or try it myself since I got money for my upcoming birthday :-D) I'll be sure to blog about it!
    CL

    By Blogger CL, at 4/08/2007 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home