Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Not much to report here...

I've been working on coming down with the flu that everyone is passing around these days, which has kept me from doing much of anything.

I have been knitting on the JIT hat, and am probably two-thirds done, but I'm taking it slow as along with everything else aching my tendinitis is trying to act up. I set up a different knitting machine that I will probably be using soon, but I need to watch the video first, as I've forgotten everything. And it needs to be cleaned and oiled, and I might need to add a section of needlebed to it (I love plastic machines, just for this - you can add sections from another needle bed if you are doing something wider than the usual bed).

I've also decided to go through Betty Davenport's Textures and Patterns for the Rigid Heddle Loom and weave the samples. But there are 53!! of them in the first section, so that's going to be a long-term project with a lot of required prep work. I'm afraid I'll run out of interest before I get them done, but we'll see. I'm also thinking about doing a 'sett sampler' - where I take one yarn, in this case 8/4 carpet warp, and use different heddles to see how the hand changes. This will be very useful for the Davenport sampler. I started winding the warping board yesterday, but haven't gotten very far. Which is ok, as the 12.5-dent heddle isn't here yet.

I think that's all I have for this weekend; I'll post pictures when I have something to show or I'm feeling more energetic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home