Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, January 10, 2010

It works!

I've been spinning on the Penguin, and I'm halfway through this batt:


 The wheel is very easy to control, and I can get a good length of draft.  I'm not doing a true long-draw with this batt, as it doesn't seem to be drafting very well for that, but I'm liking my result. :-D  I added a cardboard flange to the dowel because the paper clip I'm using to secure the dowel kept flopping forward, getting in the way of winding-on.  And I've wrapped the quill with a piece of paper to act as a bobbin, so I should be able to just slide this off and start the second half on a second 'bobbin'.

I've also done a bit on the Polonaise, but my band-aid keeps getting caught in the fluff so I didn't make much progress.



And I'm going to frog this:



It's a mistake rib scarf, and it looks like it at the top, but not at the bottom.  I'm going to try smaller needles and see if that helps.  This is the second time I've frogged this yarn, so I'm hoping the third knitting is lucky.  Hmm... maybe I should use Li's Herringbone scarf pattern again....

That's all I've gotten done this weekend, as I figured I'd better do some housework. :-(  Oh and I've been captivated by my Christmas present from DH - an Amazon Kindle. :-D  What a wonderful gift - I've read more in the past month or so than I did all last year!  The only drawback is that it takes away some of my crafting time, but many of the books allow text-to-speech so it will even read to me!  AWESOME!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home