Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's been awhile...

I haven't really been accomplishing much though.  I worked on the Harp's log cabin project yesterday, and can see light at the end of the tunnel.  Once I get that off the loom I'm hoping to finish the Brooks Bouquet project on the Flip, and then finish the rug.  By then I will have thoroughly checked out Sara Lamb's new weaving book for a new project. :-)  I'm semi-tempted to try out the floor loom too - maybe over Christmas I'll get around to that.

In spinning news, the bobbins are almost full on both the Polonaise and the Production. WHEW!  And I finally fixed (I think) the annoying click from the Pol's footman having a little too much travel by stuffing some wool in-between the metal rod and the wooden dowel.  But I have a lot of spinning left to do on all my projects (maybe I shouldn't have so much going at once?).

Since everything looks the same, I didn't take any photos.  It rained all day so I couldn't even get a decent nature pic.  Maybe next time. :-)

2 Comments:

  • Beautiful!!!! :-) Floor loom? Hmmm, methinks this is a great idea! :-)

    By Anonymous Denyse, at 11/16/2009 9:06 AM  

  • LOL We've had that loom for 2 YEARS and all we've done is repair it and clean it up some. For some reason stringing it up intimidates me. :-)

    Plus it's not portable, so I'd be stuck in the dark cold basement when I wanted to weave on it - that's probably the biggest reason I haven't started anything on it.

    By Blogger CL, at 11/16/2009 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home