Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Not bad...

I was inspired by a comment a spinning friend made, and while straightening out my upstairs fiber stash decided to try my newest drop spindle (yes, I buy them - I don't use them but I buy them) with the small number of Perendale rolags I came across:

I didn't 'drop' it once (it did come unwound from the shaft once); and I've learned at least this Perendale is not particularly pleasant to spin - it feels surprisingly coarse. The spun yarn has a bit of a sheen to it though, so we'll see how it is once plyed and washed. I still prefer my Spindolyns, but it's nice to see that I can now (finally!) spin on a drop spindle. :-D


I have one cotton plant this year - it's kind of fun even though I don't especially like spinning cotton. I took pictures of two of the flowers and one boll:



It looks like I'll have a little bit of cotton this year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home