Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, October 04, 2009

My, how the time flies!

I've been traveling a lot lately, and not crafting much.  But...

Here is the milk fiber on the Tenor Spindolyn:


I tried spinning it on the Pinkie, but the Pinkie has just too much pull-in even though this is a long-stapled fiber - it's really slippery and I don't move my hands fast enough.  I really like how soft it is, and how soft it stays once spun up.  I think I'll ply this with the super-soft black alpaca I spun on the other Spindolyn (I need more Spindy spindles!).  This probably isn't my favorite fiber of all time to spin, but I do like spinning it - especially on the Spindolyn! :-D

And I've done a tiny bit of knitting (last night) on the capelet:



I've almost finished the bottom edge ribbing, and then I need to pick up and knit the collar and button bands.


We've been doing a bit of woodworking - we made this for a spinning friend:





Didn't Hubby do a nice job on the walnut whorl?!

Here are our first and second Navajo spindles:




And the next two - the walnut one is for another spinning friend - but the cherry is MINE, all MINE. :-D


And I'm trying to make a knitting sheath: 




I'm actually going to try using it with the Spindolyn, for those times when the Spindy base isn't quite as easy to use. 


And I have a 'brilliant' idea regarding the Pedal Pusher and the spindle attachment, but I'm going to keep mum until I see if it works at all. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home