Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reeves love

The Reeves spins well, though a bit stiffly as it's still sucking up oil. :-)  DH bought a threading kit and made an upright nut, making the wheel rock-steady as it spins.  And I'm using 8/4 carpet warp for driveband and it's working great.

I put the angora/silk blend on it yesterday and have to be really careful not to spin it too finely.  I don't use double-drive often so it takes me a bit to get the tension right.

Angora/silk:

This seems to be going faster on the Reeves than it did on the Bulky Pinkie - once I get the tension in the right place.
Cleaned-up wheel (and dogs):

I can't get over how the wood glows. :-)   The Polonaise still spins easier, but it's been broken-in for awhile.  I expect the Reeves to be just as easy in a short time - particularly when spinning something with a longer staple.  It was very easy to spin my 'demoing' generic wool in a pretty even thread.  I think I got a really good deal. :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home