Loomy Thoughts

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Up, up, and awaaay!

I did get some weaving in last night while listening to the Superman-athon on Sirius Radio's Radio Classics station (all old-time-radio, all the time - what fun!). I'm now up to where the spacer is going to be, so I'm going to re-read the instructions to refresh my memory before starting the spacer. I did move my loom from one room to another - that was quite a challenge, as I can't fold the loom on the temporary stand, plus I have two clamps on the bottom of the stand that stick out. And it's heavy - the stand itself is quite heavy; the loom itself isn't bad, but the two together would keep me from moving it very often.

But that should change today, as according the UPS website, my Kromski stand is here! Along with the stand there should be a 12-dent heddle and a couple of tubes of 8/2 yarn to try my hand at making towels, once I finish the place mats. Hopefully I will have pics to share tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

It was too late to read the weaving books since I did some dreaded housework as well; thankfully the weekend is coming. I think on Saturday, instead of the usual half-housework/garden & half-crafty plan o' the day, I will do a tiny-bit-of-gardening & mostly-crafty day, with different projects/crafts rotating. I really need to get on the prayer shawl I'm making for a friend's daughter, and I have a TON of other projects, including the scarf on the other loom that I'm still debating starting over on, so I think I'll use a timer to keep from doing just one project and maybe - just maybe - I will get something almost-done. ;-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home