Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!

I believe I will be celebrating by weaving and knitting, and watching the "Dangerous Assignment" dvd I got from Netflix (I love Brian Donlevy!). :-D

I wove on the Kromski yesterday - I'm up to about 6.5" now on the second placemat after about an hour of weaving. I've run out of yarn on one shuttle so will be learning how to properly join a new cotton yarn - it's different than when you are using wool (according the Ashford book, IIRC). And then I'll get to practice as the second shuttle is almost out as well. The weft on this placemat doesn't seem to be quite as even as it was on the first one, though that could be my imagination.

I also did another row of tying on the rug frame. I think that took me about a half-hour. I've developed quite a sore spot on my finger from tying the carpet warp though, which is slowing me down. (Although I like the process part of crafting, I also want to finish the projects so I can make something else). I tried using a bandaid yesterday, but it didn't help. DH suggested a finger cot like I use at the office, which is a very good idea. I think I probably won't many waffle-weave rugs, but I do want to try twining on the frame next, probably with cloth/rags. That project will probably take me a long time.

Hmmm... need to break out the spinning wheel and work on that Icelandic roving as well, so I can get back to the Polwarth I had been spinning. Just not enough hours (or energy) in the day!

No pics today, as the two projects don't really look any different. Maybe I'll take a pic of the prayer shawl for the next post; which reminds me - I need to find my Addi needles!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home