Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Onwards we go...

Yesterday I posted about my yarn becoming abraded from the heddle, and Kymberly suggested in the comments that I try using hairspray (thanks Kymberly!). I've been trying it, and I do think it helps, though doesn't totally solve the problem (and it makes the dog sneeze! LOL). It sure is easier than rubbing the yarn with wax though. And perhaps a 'heavier' hairspray would help - my hairspray doesn't have a lot of hold.

Since the yarn sticks to itself so badly, the weaving is slower-going than I thought it would be. I have to pause on each pick to even up the edge a bit (not always successfully), and 'unweaving' a pick can be challenging.

I had set a goal yesterday of getting through the current piece of paper from winding the warp on, but had forgotten about the birthday party we were to attend so I didn't quite make it. And the paper was apparently a longer piece than I thought, as it seemed to take forever today to finish it. Some of my edges aren't looking very good, I think mainly due to the yarn's stickiness. The web is looking very much like homespun fabric, due to the white 'fuzzies' making little bumps here and there, but I still like it. :-)
This is picture is actually quite close to the correct color. I did get through that piece of paper this afternoon, and am done with weaving for today and probably tomorrow, since I usually don't do crafty stuff on Mondays. I need to do some knitting tonight, and my Minnesota Vikings are on tv, so I'm off to watch them!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home