Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, August 13, 2006

We have warp!

I was beginning to think I'd never get it done! I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start weaving, as I've been neglecting the garter stitch shawl again, and I really need to get that done. I need to re-check the weaving instructions to see how long of a fringe I'm supposed to have as well, and I'd rather start weaving with a fresher brain.

The last 'hank' of warp was still a bit shorter than the other two hanks after winding the warp on a second time, but it was only about 2 inches shorter this time, instead of the 6 or so inches short I ended up with on the first winding. The paper had really bunched up under that side the first time, and I'm glad I took the time to fix it. To remedy the bunching, I cut the paper into 3 pieces, about 2.5 feet long, so I had to keep adding it in while winding, so that the pieces weren't so long that they caused a problem when they didn't roll straight.

Here is a picture of the yarn:






As you can see, it is a loosely-twisted two-strand yarn, and really annoying to work with. :-) It's quite pretty though - the real color is like faded denim. And at
least when knitted up, it has a nice hand.

And here is a picture from the first warp attempt, so you can see the warping in process. Doesn't it look like things are going well here? LOL




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home