Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Scoooooore!

I went to what passes for a fiber fair in this area this morning, and this just happened to follow me home. The dark brown is alpaca; the blue-purple multi-color is superwash; the white/brown mix is (hmm... good question... 'not superwash') probably just a generic wool blend with what looks like a bit of mohair in it; and the light blue is - luscious. Merino & angora. Yummm. Don't you just love the color?! Of course I have no idea what I'm going to do with any of it, though I'm thinking the alpaca might become a shawl (probably knitted). Brown isn't really my color, so it might end up as a gift. Then again, maybe not. :-) Last year I bought some white alpaca/merino (or was it mohair? I can never remember)/silk blend - heavenly stuff. haven't spun it yet, but I do take it out and pet it once in awhile! LOL

I always buy something at our tiny fiber fair, in the hope the vendors will keep coming back since this is Fiber Hicksville. We have a lovely LYS, but nothing for weavers or spinners. The alpaca lady is relatively local, thankfully. She puts the name of the alpa
ca(s) on each package, so if I like a particular alpaca's fiber I can just ask for him/her. Isn't that cool? She was telling me stories about this alpaca too - too cute.

Here is the finished garter shawl. I thought it turned out quite pretty, and I hope the recipient likes it. :-D

And now I'm going to go out on the deck on this lovely day and spend the rest of the afternoon spinning and weaving. :-D Join me?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home