Loomy Thoughts

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday update

I haven't been doing as much weaving as I thought would this week, but progress is being made. I actually caught a glimpse of the 'warp beam dowel' this afternoon! It still looks like more of the same, so instead of a picture of that, I thought I'd post a picture of my tied rug, still in progress:Yesterday I did more spinning than weaving, which is a good thing as I haven't spun for awhile.

I've also been stressing over the decision to sell one of my treadle sewing machines. They just take up too much space, I never use this one, and it's not as attractive as the 'real' New Home AB treadle I have (this one is a badged New Home). It is older than the New Home though - actually my oldest machine, as far I as could find out. (I also have too many sewing machines in general, as well as too many knitting machines, but that's another topic.) I spent yesterday moving the cabinet out of the craft room and doing some rearranging, and I will probably spend part of tomorrow reassembling the head and installing it in the cabinet. This was my first treadle, and I will be sad to be see it go. But I have 3 others to make me feel better, and I actually use one of them (a Singer 15-88). :-) Anyone looking for a rare treadle from around 1880-1890? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home