Loomy Thoughts

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday morning

Instead of getting on the loom right away this morning, I decided to get a little bit of that pesky housework out of the way (and I must emphasize "little bit" LOL). So I started the Roomba in the room I'm going to weave in (I'm still loving that little guy!) while I cleaned the floor around the dog's water bowl. Then I headed downstairs to do some rug tying while the Roomba worked on the living room and the washing machine did it's thing. :-D Now if I just had a robot to dust...

While I was in the craft room tying I was thinking about where to put all the weaving stuff. I already can't fit the spinning stuff in there, so I still haven't figured it out. I'm debating selling one of my 'sets' of knitting machines, as I haven't used any of them for a few years now (originally the room was set up for machine knitting, but I now have 4 sewing machine cabinets in there, plus two more that won't fit; plus some portable sewing machines, plus tubs of yarn, a couple of tubs of fabric...). One of the treadles is to eventually end up upstairs, once I finish fixing the cabinet; and I'm debating keeping the sixth - it's for portables and has a nice inset for the machines. I would like to have all my crafty stuff in one room, but it all sure takes up a lot of space. I do want to sell one of my treadle machines - or at least the cabinet. Perhaps I can work on that when I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks. Then at least I could get the spinning-fiber tubs in the room.

My DVD of "Threshold" arrived yesterday, so I have some good TV-watching to weave to. I'm looking forward to trying out the new weaving stool as well, and I should get some serious weaving done if the stool is halfway comfy.

I've been thinking about DH's woven scarf, debating whether to wait until the current project is done on the Harp, or start anew on the Mattel loom. I might just start over on the Mattel. I wonder if I can rescue the project if I take it off the loom but don't cut the warp (in case I don't like the new result)? Since I'm currently using acrylic for warp so it's probably not salvageable anyway. I want to switch to a Euroflax linen warp, and in blue, instead of white, to match the weft a bit closer.

No pics yet, but I should get some up tonight if we don't get more thunderstorms. If I don't get them up tonight, I'll get them up tomorrow.

I'm off to the loom! :-D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home