Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday

I haven't done any weaving since Saturday, but here is the picture of Saturday's weaving that I couldn't get to load in my last post. I did make some progress on the garter stitch shawl Sunday. I watched all the "Threshold" dvds this past weekend, and they were so engrossing that they made the time (and the yarn!) fly by. I still can't believe this series was canceled! :-( I took last night off as usual - Mondays just do me in anymore!

I'll be weaving tonight though - I want to get this project done. At my current weaving rate, I'm guesstimating it's going to take me about 2 more weeks to finish this. I really hope I'm wrong, as I'd like to do a different project. I'm not tired of this one, but I am ready for something new. This is why I rarely get anything finished - I get distracted by something else too easily. 'Luckily', I don't see much of anything for rigid heddle looms so it's harder to distract me with new patterns! LOL Maybe I can satisfy the 'wanting to do something new' by re-planning DH's woven scarf - I just kind of guessed the first time, and it would give me good practice at actually planning a project instead of just winging it.

I do need to figure out how I'm going to handle the fringe on this. I don't normally make fringe, as I don't like it, but it seems appropriate for this project. I'm concerned that if I just knot the ends, the fringe will get ratty or unravel since this yarn is less than sturdy. I've read something about braiding fringe I think; I'll have to try to remember where I saw that.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Take a look at the bottom of this page to see an idea of how to twist the fringe back on itself http://www.icanspin.com/inkleweaving/inkle2.htm This shows the person using a fringe twister, but you can do it by hand. i finished two shawls using this method and it works great.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/29/2006 8:39 PM  

  • Thank you Kimberly! That is what I was looking for! :-D

    By Blogger CL, at 8/30/2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home