Loomy Thoughts

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm still here...

though I'm having a bit of trouble setting up the new computer. All should be well by the weekend though.


I didn't get much knitting done this weekend - this pattern requires most of my attention. I think it's a 'problem' with the yarn, not the pattern (the pattern is pretty easy for me to memorize, which is saying something with my bad memory!) - the yarn is so dark that when I make a mistake it is incredibly difficult to see what I've done wrong and how to fix it. So I don't get much done on it at a sitting - but I still love how it's turning out (except for that little hole that I can't figure out how to fix!). I probably should have used larger needles though, it's kind of twisting and I don't think you can really block Woolese because of the acrylic content. I guess I could switch needles now - it's not *that* long that it would be really obvious (maybe). If I do that, I'll put a lifeline in when I change just in case it looks really weird.

I ended up not taking my weaving along on the trip, but plan to work on it tonight. I'm still planning on buying a smaller RH, but I'm waiting on some information from The Woolery before I determine what I buy (the Kromski Fiddle, perhaps?).

In honor of my spinning friend who had surgery yesterday (get well soon and hurry back, S!), I've been spinning. :-D I finally got back to the lovely alpaca, and it seems to be going pretty well. I've decided against buying another Babe wheel for now (though I'd really really really like to try that new Spinnrock), but since I hadn't bought any spinning stuff since I don't remember when, when I chanced on this I couldn't resist:

Spindolyn

Isn't this cool? I've never tried a supported spindle, and I think this might solve my dropping-the-drop spindle problem. And perhaps I'll spin more often when I'm just vegetating in my chair some nights. :-D


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Just to give food for thought. I recently bought a Knitters Loom--I know, I know, it weaves only 12" wide. But because of the small size I can sit in bed and watch TV and WEAVE! How cool is that? Now I'm weaving whilst watching my evening shows with hubby, instead of sitting in the dining room at the table. The KL sits on my slightly-apart knees and it is quite comfy. I'm planning bags, and scarves, and placemats, and baby clothes, and strip-pieced blankets, and............!

    By Blogger Trisha, at 4/12/2007 4:24 AM  

  • My sister has a Knitters Loom and is quite fond of it. I think it's kind of cool, but IIRC it's kind of pricey as well. I'll take another look at it though - thanks for the idea!

    By Blogger CL, at 4/12/2007 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home