Loomy Thoughts

Friday, April 13, 2007

Sigh...

I've given up on getting the new computer set up properly, so I boxed it up and will be taking it back to the store this afternoon. I ordered a new Dell last night - I should've done that in the first place (my previous computer was a Dell, and lasted 8 YEARS). It won't be here until probably late next week, so I won't be having much computer time this weekend again - maybe I'll actually get something done!

To make up for lack of content, I have some pictures for you. This was my first weaving attempt on the Hearthside Rug Frame. Warp is 2 strands of bulky cotton, and weft is spool-knitted bulky cotton (recycled from failed chair pads). I warped the frame as if it were a potholder loom, and voilĂ :

I used the 'adjuster' bar to make a smaller rug. As you can see, it is very popular with the 4-legged residents :



even though they are bigger than the rug. He wouldn't even let me finish the edge. At least BossDog waited until I hooked the edges. :-) I like it a lot too, it was a fun project and I plan to make another (larger) one once I get some spool-knit 'cords' finished.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home