Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Finally!

I've finally finished the first bobbin of the red colonial roving!

I cannot believe it has taken so long, and if it hadn't been for the spinning club meeting this past week it still wouldn't be done. Only (mumble-mumble) pounds to go!


Someone asked me about the sock loom - it is from Decor Accents, and I'm pretty sure it's the fine-gauge - I don't think they had extra-fine when I bought this. They've modified their design a bit as I bought this a few years ago.

I like switching up the crafts from time-to-time (obviously), and it was fun working with this again. I probably should've frogged it and started over (and may still end up doing that after it's finished), but since I could tell where I was in the pattern I just went on. After I took the picture I finished the leg and the heel, and now am about to do the foot. Looming goes faster for me than hand-knitting, as long as I'm not trying to do anything 'fancy'. (That's Lion Brand's sock yarn - I've forgotten the name.)


As to knitting - I haven't knit any more on the sweater - my brain has been on vacation this past week so I didn't dare. Maybe I'll get a couple of rows in today after I do some housecleaning.


No weaving either - I was going to work on the cardboard-loom bag yesterday but didn't get to it. Maybe I'll put that on my list of 'maybe I ought to do that today'.


We woke up to this this morning:

Now I don't feel quite so bad about realizing it's almost APRIL and I still haven't started my tomato plants!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • A sock loom - that's a brilliant idea. Might have to try it.

    By Blogger Life's a Stitch, at 3/29/2008 11:34 AM  

  • The sock loom is certainly easier than hand-knitting a sock - for me at least. In my one attempt at sockknitting I think I have two inches so far - that's from a couple of years ago as well. :-)

    By Blogger CL, at 3/30/2008 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home