Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Oops...

I almost forgot to post my weekly update - mainly because I don't have anything to show for the week.

I did do a little spinning yesterday - I finally finished up the llama sample on the Polonaise. There's not much there, and what is there is isn't attractive, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I worked on the red colonial roving on the Production wheel a little bit too, but it seems to take forever to get anything done with that stuff. We installed the repaired Pedal Pusher base, but I haven't tried it out yet - perhaps I'll get to that this week. I was hoping to finish the red colonial bobbin first, but apparently that is going to take me a few months. :-/


I cast on the for the sideways sweater yesterday, and have all of 6 rows knitted. I never did hit row gauge at all, after swatching, swatching, and more swatching, so I'm crossing my fingers and making a guess. Maybe if it's a little too big I can stitch it up tighter. I took a closer look at the "Knitting Cuff to Cuff" book; I think it will be a decent primer on how to do a sideways sweater - at least a basic crew neck. I probably should have started with one from that book, instead of the more-complicated one I'm doing.

I'm in a bit of a crafty funk - there are so many things I want to do, but not enough time do them. The disadvantage of having too many interests (and working a full-time job that pays for them) is that it's so hard to pick something out of the chaos sometimes - so I'm not doing anything. I was hoping to have a quiet day today and maybe read a book, but DH has come down with a cold that has kept him inside watching TV most of the day. Oh well; at least he's feeling better today.

Speaking of too many interests - I took out my sock (knitting) loom that was last used... maybe two years ago or more. There is a sock started on it, and maybe I'll actually finish it. Or maybe I'll just look at the pretty yarn - who knows. I hope everyone is getting more done than I am!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home