Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It's No-Pictures Tuesday!

Because I was too lazy yesterday to take pictures. I visited the family this weekend and took a couple of projects along. I didn't get a lot done, and unfortunately I forgot to take the cardboard loom project like I meant to. As much as I'm not enjoying that project, I ought to just take it off the cardboard loom and maybe transfer it to the Bonhop loom - then it might actually get done.


Loom-knitting:

I'm about halfway through the foot of the sock even though I barely worked on it. I ought to have it finished this week if I remember to (and actually) do a few rows every night.


Spinning:

I did a few hours spinning on the Brown Sheep roving yesterday, though it looks like I didn't make much of a dent in it. I also pre-drafted the rest of the roving in my basket (unfortunately, there is still at least that much more in another basket - I'm never going to get this done!). The spinning is going quite well, even though the wheel is rocking like crazy since its repair.

I also started a new roving on the Polonaise - it's a tencel blend from The Fold. It's more challenging than the Brown Sheep, so I didn't spin very long on it, and it's also very compacted so I need to open up the roving before continuing.

While on my trip I took some of the blue locks of 'whatever' with me and started spinning them on the Spindolyn. This is going to be a slow project no matter what I use to spin it on, so the Spindolyn is a good choice. The challenge with these locks is that they are bit felted from the dyeing process, and are very variegated. Since I want to keep them that way, I can't card them, so I'm trying flicking the ends (though I can't always tell tips from cut ends - it's that bad) to get started. So far it seems to be working.


Hopefully I will get around to taking pictures tonight, but don't hold your breath!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home