Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Long time no post

I suddenly had to go out of town for awhile, so have been away from the 'net. While I was gone - and even after I returned, very little crafting was done. I did, however, teach myself to crochet left-handed. :-) I'm not very fast, but it looks pretty good!

Since I have no crafty-progress photos to post, I decided to post these. This first item I've been wanting for awhile. For the life of me I can't remember what these looms are called, but sometimes straws are used, sometimes pencils or dowels. It is for making belts or straps - I think I've seen a wider version of it used for making a rug online somewhere. (Could it be called a "peg loom"?) It was all of $5 at our new SuperWalMart, which surprisingly has yarn and fabric and crafty stuff!


This is a rag shuttle DH made for me. I like it a lot, and hope to use it soon. It's very lightweight due to the wood he used, so I don't know how sturdy it is, and I haven't finished it yet. But doesn't he do nice work?


I need to get the log cabin fabric off the Flip, as there is a rigid-heddle weave-along starting that I want to do. I've had such a headache today though that the best I can do is look at it. Perhaps tomorrow. I've done enough of the fabric that I have way more than enough for the bag, or I can do something else with it if I change my mind (or something in addition to it). I still haven't taken the project off the Bonhop loom, either; nor sewn the dishcloths from the previous Flip warp. Good grief! Not only am I bad at continuing to start new projects before others are finished, but I hate finishing things. I need some motivation - perhaps a chocolately reward would work....

Oh, and I've decided the living room is in serious need of redecorating - that's not going to help me keep up with my crafty stuff! Darn HGTV and TLC giving me ideas!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home