Loomy Thoughts

Monday, June 16, 2008

Progress!

It's finally off the loom! (Sorry about the poor picture.)

Even though I intended this to be a bag, I might just leave it as a runner and do fringe. :-) Even DH was impressed by it. (Luckily, he didn't notice the middle where the selvedge appears to be pulled tighter than the rest. :-/)

Here is a close-up:

Even though I'm not crazy about the tan yarn I used, the contrast sure makes the pattern pop.

I was going to start warping for another log cabin for the rigid heddle weave-along (there are two, for different skill levels - I'll put a link on the sidebar in a minute), but then we lost power due to a bird flying into the substation(!) so I didn't get to it this weekend.


Spinning:

I took the tencel off the Polonaise - I just could not get interested in spinning it so I've set it aside for now. Instead, I cleaned and waxed the Pol, in case I take it to Spin Club tomorrow, and
started something else:

Wensleydale lamb/yearling & kid mohair/tussah silk/silk noils 35/40/15

I thought it was roving, but the bag I pulled out appears to be 'fluffy chunks' instead. So this is going to be a learning experience. So far the yarn is turning out fuzzy, and I would rather have smooth, but I should get some input from the Club tomorrow. :-) It sure is pretty though!




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • The log cabin runner looks fantastic. The color combination is perfect!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/16/2008 7:07 AM  

  • Thank you Sherie! :-D I was concerned about the color combination, until I had woven a couple of repeats.

    Now, where to display it... :-D

    By Blogger CL, at 6/16/2008 11:02 AM  

  • I *heart* the runner, can I take the pic and post it on the WAL group home page?

    By Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM, at 6/16/2008 1:01 PM  

  • You sure can - I would be honored! :-)

    Log cabin is just too cool!

    By Blogger CL, at 6/16/2008 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home