Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, November 09, 2008

We have weaving!

I even have almost-FO's fresh off the looms!

First - the Bonhop project:


Now I need to figure out how I want to make the pouches for the mp3 player + the headphones + the speaker and (maybe) extra batteries. I hope I have enough fabric, but I may need to weave more. :-/


Next, fresh off the Flip - the sampler scarf:


Each pattern block is 6", with a 1" plainweave 'separator'. This picture is of Example #7 (supplementary weft floats), taken before I finished the rest of the scarf this afternoon. It's actually still on the loom but it just needs to be taken off - I've already done the hemstitching so all that's left is fringing and washing the finished scarf. This project was a lot of fun - watching the patterns develop and changing the pattern so often kept my interest, and it went quickly.

It will be also interesting to see if this harsh-feeling yarn feels better after washing. It might not be a scarf anyone wants to wear!


Sadly, the Harp has been neglected:


I still haven't tied on the front beam. I need to triple-check the count, and I might add an extra inch of width since I have extra warp on the loom anyway. I may start that Tuesday, since I actually have Veteran's Day off. :-)



Next up - another warp on the Flip for the next bunch of Textures & Patterns samples - these will be just samples instead of a scarf. The (current) plan is to cut these apart and put them in a booklet for reference. I might do these in carpet warp instead of wool - the gray wool is rather sticky so it might not be the best for hand-manipulation.


I also need to take some time and organize my RH weaving books/papers - they are all over the house and it's really getting out of hand! For now I might use a plastic crate, and a binder for loose papers, to keep stuff sort-of rounded up and 'mobile'. Usually I'm rather organized, but we still haven't finished the living room project so stuff is still quite scattered or almost impossible to get to. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has them!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home