Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, October 26, 2008

This week, let's try...

Knitting!

I started to feel some pain in my injured wrist by the time I got the ribbing done on the first of a pair of wristwarmers:


but I hope that with being careful, I can get these done in a week or two. The pattern is "Evangeline" which is currently available on Ravelry, and I'll be doing the short version. I'm using Cascade's
Lana d'Oro Indian Summer (#1087) - what a beautiful yarn! As usual, the color isn't quite right on the picture - it's more brown, but definitely has reddish highlights in it. I visited the new local LYS Friday and this jumped off the shelf into my arms (along with a few other skeins, but we won't talk about those :-/).

Weaving:
I did a little weaving on the Bonhop loom as well, but again, it looks the same so no picture. I did get "Textures and Patterns on a Rigid Heddle Loom" ordered (FINALLY!), so I'm looking forward to getting that and comparing it to my older version. I also need to check my weaving-yarn stash to see what I have - that might be a good project for this afternoon.

Spinning:
Though I did do a bit of spinning at Spin Club this past week, I think it doesn't agree with my injured wrist - it has been painful ever since. I'm going to start using a timer when knitting or spinning, and see if that will make a difference with my wrist - I sure am tired of having to baby it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home