Loomy Thoughts

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

More spinning...

I spent last week working on this beautiful BFL called "Jungle Love" from, yes you guessed it, Corgi Hill Farm. :-)

 (It's not really that dark, and has more green-turquoise in it.)

I used the spindle attachment on the Production,

 and stripped the roving lengthwise to try to preserve the variegation (vs. muddying the colors). 

Unfortunately I cannot quite reproduce the variegation with the camera, but the color is pretty close.  I love how this turned out, and the BFL was so easy to spin (at least after doing all that splitting!).

 
I kind of wish I had bought more!

The loom started calling to me Sunday, so hopefully I'll get back to weaving in the next couple of weeks.  Hmm... maybe I could weave something with this skein (after I finish the log cabin project).

Labels: