Loomy Thoughts

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Oops!

I can't believe I forgot to post last week.  With all the Tour de Fleece posting on Ravelry it completely slipped my mind - but there wasn't much to see.  Just a very-slooooow-filling-bobbin (darn those big Babe bobbins!). 

In Tour de Fleece news, I'm mostly keeping up with my goals, and occasionally surpassing them.  I'm actually almost finished with the singles, so it is possible I may get this yarn finished!  This is bobbin #2:

Plans are to navajo-ply it, to see how well that works for keeping the different colors from mixing so much.  I had thought I might be able to squeeze spinning this angora/Bombyx silk blend in,
on the Bulky Pinkie, until I test-spun it and discovered how finely it spins - no way that can happen as I think the Tour ends this weekend.


In great wheel news, it made its first public appearance:

It was a big hit, and I noticed some improvements that could be made, such as replacing the maiden upright with a bigger piece of PVC as the current upright is just a bit too flexible.  That will be a project for when the Tour is done though. :-)


And now it's this time!

Labels: